It’s August and the sizzling heat has arrived. Thankfully, it has been a relatively mild summer so far and it was not too hot for the Parker County Peach Festival last month. Speaking of the Peach Festival - thank you very much to the wonderful Chamber staff and all of the volunteers that helped make this year’s festival a huge success. We were blessed with great weather, sweet, juicy, peaches and a large, fun crowd.
August is also time to get ready for back to school for children of all ages – from kindergarten to college. And don’t forget the Texas Sales Tax Holiday August 7th through 9th and support our local businesses and Chamber members as you make your back to school purchases.
In closing, I leave you with 10 amazing life lessons we can learn from Albert Einstein:
1. Follow Your Curiosity: “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”
2. Perseverance is Priceless: “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
3. Focus on the Present: “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
4. Imagination is Powerful: “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
5. Make Mistakes: “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
6. Live in the Moment: “I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.”
7. Create Value: “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
8. Don’t Be Repetitive: “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
9. Knowledge Comes From Experience: “Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”
10. Learn the Rules and Then Play Better: “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”